Estonian startup “Vocal Image App” won the “Fifty Founders Battle” organized by “TechChill” – one of the biggest tech and startup events in the region that was the last to happen on-site before the pandemic and the first one after pandemic restrictions were removed.
“Vocal Image App” took it all – €150 000 investment from “Depo Ventures” and a €10 000 cash prize (no strings attached) from “TechChill”.
More than 200 startups from all over the world applied for the “TechChill” pitch competition “Fifty Founders Battle”. An international jury of experts chose 50 startups by taking into account such criteria as the seriousness of the problem being solved, team, results to date as well as scalability. They got the opportunity to pitch on a “TechChill” stage in the semifinals during the first day of the event.
As a result, five finalists were chosen:
– Terrawaste (Latvia) – next-generation waste remediation that turns non-recyclable waste into value.
– HeyBooster (Estonia) – platform driven by artificial intelligence that gives you full control over the campaign’s marketing performance while helping to plan the next important step.
– Codigy (Lithuania) – collaboration platform for software engineering teams.
– Vocal Image App (Estonia) – voice coach.
– MissionSpace (Latvia, Luxembourg) – network of innovative detectors and dedicated analytics form the infrastructure, capable of proving unique space weather services on-demand.
Finalists were judged by representatives of different venture capital funds. Both money prizes – €150 000 investment from “Depo Ventures” and €10 000 cash prize (no strings attached) from “TechChill” – were given to “Vocal Image App”.
Moreover, the representative of this company along with the one from the company “Codigy” will get full tuition covered for Hero Training – an intensive, immersive five-week entrepreneurship program in Silicon Valley, CA. Their amazing alumni from 100+ countries have raised $450M+ in investment.
Latvian startup “MissionSpace” received 1 ETH from the local cryptocurrency company “Gravity” which offers its services globally. All finalists received credits worth 1000 dollars to be able to use the visual collaboration platform for team “Miro” (first place got additional credits worth 500 dollars). Whereas 10k worth of AWS credits were given to the semi-finalist “Video Bit”.
“TechChill 2022″ was happening on-site from April 27 to April 29 in Riga, Latvia. It was the first tech and startup event in the region that was the last to happen on-site before the pandemic and the first one after pandemic restrictions were removed. The event was sold out.
See you all in “TechChill 2023” on February 23 and 24.