Peak launched its first cohort for their Venture Scout Program on 23rd September 2021.
Peak is an Amsterdam, Berlin and Stockholm based venture capital fund financed and run by experienced entrepreneurs. For the past 14 years, Peak has fiercely backed founders across Europe, with a laser focus on early-stage SaaS, marketplace, and platform models.
Don’t try to please everybody, look for alternative ways to get things done, give 100% on one big goal – and do not move on before it is done.Johan van Mil, Peak Co-Founder & Managing Partner
They’ve invested alongside international VC’s including Accel, Point9, Project A and Y Combinator. Peak’s more than 35 investments include communications platform Trengo ($36M Series-A with Insight Partners), GraphCMS, a headless content management system ($10M with OpenOcean) and Studocu, an international marketplace for study materials and knowledge sharing ($50 million with Partech).
The European fund, with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, and Stockholm, offers a diverse group of European founders and operators a EUR 100,000 check each to do investments.
The venture scouts come from successful tech companies like Airbnb, PayPal, Honeypot, Messagebird, Teamleader, and Uber. With this money, they can invest on Peak’s behalf in exceptional pre-seed and seed-stage companies.
The venture scouts for the first cohort are:
- Emma Tracey (Germany), former CEO and founder of Honeypot (exited to New Work Se in 2019)
- Willem Delbare (Belgium), founder of Teamleader and Officient (exited to Exact in 2020)
- Dennis Goedegebuure (The Netherlands), former Head of Global SEO at Airbnb
- Pete Christianson (The Netherlands): former Growth Strategist at Messagebird
- Alok Alström (Sweden): CEO and founder of Appjobs and former GM of Uber Sweden