Startup accelerator Startupbootcamp announced the teams that will participate in the third cohort of their FinTech & CyberSecurity program in Amsterdam.
The accelerator is aimed at entrepreneurs with innovative ideas within finance, cybersecurity and technology. The startups are active within the six focus areas of the program: Asset Management, Financial Inclusivity, RegTech, Working Capital & Commercial Credit, InsurTech en Loans & Credit.
The teams have been selected during Selection Days which were held online. From hundreds of applications, twenty were chosen to pitch their idea during the three-day selection procedure for a selection of Startupbootcamp experts and partners.
Eleven of them, located in six countries, were chosen to join the program.
The eleven selected startups are:
- Atmen (UK): an African challenger bank that specializes in web and mobile money apps, card payments, money remittance, foreign exchange, pre-paid debit cards, and peer-to-peer payments, with additional services coming soon.
- Energy Shift (UK): a startup allowing smart crowd-funded investments in Solar farms, empowering the shift towards renewable energy.
- Eqlaim (UK): a startup that quickly and accurately assesses business interruption claims for Insurers and their clients, leveraging AI to automate loss quantification and reporting.
- Finoo (Netherlands): a fintech startup creating a new era for cross-border tuition payments focused on international students and their families.
- Kle (Italy): Re-images financial education for teenagers with their families through smart allowance management, gamifying savings, and creating a generation of increased financial health.
- Moneye (Netherlands): Moneye is a Saas Platform that allows SMEs to monitor all their bank accounts in real-time so that SME’s can increase efficiency, save time and stay in control of their finances.
- SmarTrade (France): A Trade Finance startup using smart contracts to settle international trade payments, shipments, delivery and financial logistics.
- Toggle (UK): A startup building a decentralized bank for data, where people have more control over their digital identity and data.
- Vemini (Italy): A hardware and software solution for fast, unbiased authentication through touchless palm vein mapping.
- Welfio (Latvia): An advisory & reporting platform for investors investing in P2P loans across marketplaces.
- Yoola (Ghana): A mobile-first management tool for financial advice and planning specifically focused on African Millennials.
With the support of their innovative ecosystem, Startupbootcamp empowers early-stage founders to rapidly scale their companies. Out of the hundreds of applications worldwide, around ten of the most promising startups annually are selected.
Startupbootcamp will intensively guide the selected startups, and provide them direct access to an international network of the most relevant mentors, partners, and investors in their industry. After three months and a Demo Day final, the startups become part of the Startupbootcamp alumni network and receive help with raising capital.
With the changing state of the economy, new FinTech & CyberSecurity solutions are needed more than ever. In that regard, customer-centric solutions are going to win in the end. Especially with impact angles like poverty alleviation and banking the unbanked taking centre stage.Kauan Von Novack, managing director of Startupbootcamp
With the selected 11 startups in our FinTech and Cybersecurity Accelerator we want to be a part of that. Through the program we can help create a better, more inclusive and sustainable financial system for future generations.