Lumus launches the first Angel Academy, where you will learn the fundamentals of startup investing in three weeks, step-by-step through practical tips from experienced experts.
Lumus Investment Collective is an angel investment club dedicated to bringing more women to the capitalization tables of successful startups. Launched less than a year ago by Lucia Cerchlanova, Vladimira Cincurova, Terezia Jacova, and Zuzana Zamborska, the project already attracted over 200 active female angel investors.
Angel Academy is a course for professionals from all backgrounds who are considering starting angel investing and need to learn the basics.
The main goal is to educate potential female investors about the prospects and opportunities of angel investing in a simple and attractive way through theory and practice in the company of inspiring experts.
The course is composed of 6 hours of live teaching broken down into three 2-hours long classes. You’ll also be expected to spend around 4 hours going through the reading material and a case study. The cost of the course is €350.
1. The foundations of angel investing
- Types of investment and funding stages
- Models of investing
- Risks and rewards
- Setting expectations and objectives
- Rights and responsibilities
- Portfolio management options
2. Evaluating investment opportunities
- Deal sourcing
- Product evaluation criteria
- Team evaluation criteria
- Understanding business models and key metrics
- Unit economics
- Practical exercise: pitch-deck evaluation
3. Life cycle of an investment with emphasis on investment term-sheet
- Due diligence
- Forms of investment:convertible loan vs. equity
- Structure of the term-sheet
- Shareholders’ Agreement
- Protection measures
- Future rounds
- Exit events
- Practical exercise: reading & negotiation of the term-sheet
You can join the upcoming cohort by applying through the form.